Are you thinking of taking a group abroad to explore the performing arts in a whole new setting? Maybe you’re a university faculty member hoping to teach a course abroad over the summer. Or you’re a high school teacher planning to bring your choir to Costa Rica for spring break. Or maybe you’re a dance studio director looking for a way to give your dancers a wider perspective on their craft and give back to a community overseas by leading workshops in orphanages. Regardless of your goals, you’ve come to the right place!
To request a custom-built proposal for your group, please click the button below and fill out an initial questionnaire. Someone will be in touch within a few days to schedule a phone call to get more details from you about your goals for your trip.
Step by Step Process
Step 1: You fill out an initial questionnaire and we have a phone call to determine exactly what you are envisioning.
Step 2: We create an initial proposal with an itinerary, cost per participant and payment schedule, and list of inclusions. You review and we make edits as needed.
Step 3: Once the proposal looks the way you want, we sign a contract with payment terms (no commitment until initial deposits are made) and give you a marketing toolkit to help you recruit for the program.
Step 4: We assign an Onsite Program Coordinator (OPC) to your program and hold a pre-departure orientation for your group at least a month before the program begins.
Step 5: You and your group have the time of your lives on the program, and the participants come back energized and singing its praises. Repeat every year, or every other year!
We can customize a group program in nearly any country. Each program will be different based on your budget, duration, and what you want to include. Below are a few example itineraries to get you thinking. Click on the titles to download sample itineraries.
A 12-day program for a university theatre faculty member wanting to teach a course on Shakespeare in London. Classroom time is supplemented with several activities, including:
- A full day of training at Shakespeare’s Globe with London theatre professionals, including a backstage tour and attendance at a show in the iconic open-air theatre.
- A day in Stratford-Upon-Avon to visit Shakespeare’s birthplace and grave, get a backstage tour of the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, and see a performance by the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- Visits to museums and other culturally significant sites
An 8-day performance tour for a full wind ensemble, with four performances. Instrument rentals are included for all rehearsals and performances. The program arrives in Barcelona and travels to Madrid. Highlights include:
- Collaboration with the Madrid Royal Conservatory, including a masterclass and performance
- Spanish and Catalan cooking class
- Guided tour of Barcelona’s iconic Sagrada Familia
A 9-day spring break trip for members of a dance studio, with a focus on volunteering at a local orphanage, after school program, or day care center, complete with a final performance and party with students from both organizations. Highlights include:
- Weekend excursion to a volcano, hot springs, rainforest, and waterfall
- Spanish language, Latin dance, and Costa Rican cooking classes
- Attendance at a performance at the iconic National Theatre in San Jose
Benefits of collaborating with Performing Arts Abroad on your group program:
- You attend the program for free (at least one group leader included in the cost of every program)
- We send an Onsite Program Coordinator (OPC) on every program, letting you focus on the experience while they handle all logistics such as calling ahead to be sure the charter bus is arriving on time or taking a sick student to the doctor
- Extensive network for recruiting guest lecturers, performers, and other industry professionals to enhance your program’s cross cultural collaboration
- We make all logistical arrangements from start to finish (see below)
- Comprehensive liability insurance protecting your institution
- Robust risk management and emergency response plan for every destination
Performing Arts Abroad will Arrange:
- Bookings, scheduling, and development of trip itinerary
- In-country transportation (including airport pickup and drop-off)
- Welcome orientation upon arrival in country
- Cultural activities
- 24-hour in-country emergency support
- Pre-departure orientation
- Preparation of literature and articles for participants